Saturday, February 19, 2011

Up and Down

Up and down, up and down, that is how my week has gone.  The downs are no fun, of course. Wrestling an American bulldog with a glue trap on his paw can be hard on anybody; me, it took four days to recover.



Then part of it is the kids were sick with the flu, part of it is me trying to fight getting the flu, and part of it is I am a stinky sinner - which is probably the larger piece of the pie.  Ever been there?  It seems I lose my patience when I feel yucky as opposed to when I am downright sick I just don't care, and this week it has been totally the former.  And how difficult it is to regain the ground lost to the enemy during battles.  Did I even fight in that one or did I just sit back let myself get pummeled?  Today I thought, "Lord, I am not doing very well in this battle; please save me!"


As I woke up today, I uttered a few prayers such as Psalm 51:10,
"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."   
It is amazing how just acknowledging that I cannot be a good mother without the Lord lifted weight off my mind!  Time to meditate on Ephesians 4:20-32 for sure!  All along the way during the week, the Lord has blessed me despite of myself.  It is that love, grace, mercy... that I do not understand, of which I am completely unworthy, and for which I am so grateful.


‎"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 24-25


image: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=851

No comments:

Post a Comment