Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Once again...Shew me thy ways, O LORD! Strengthen my heart.

As I gaze toward the window I see the snow swirling in the ever encroaching dimness of daylight.  The snow  is blowing sideways and whirling around in all directions depending on where I look.  I feel like that snow today.  In my mind there are thoughts swirling all around and I'm not sure which one to hang onto.  I feel like I'm being blown sideways and encouraged in directions that I'm not sure I want to go.  I want certain things in my life, and these I know for sure: to obey Him, to have a loving and edifying home, to evangelize, to minister to others.  I feel helpless and discouraged often.  The only thing I can do is to cry out to the Lord; and verses come to mind:


Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day Psalm 25:4-5
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD Psalm 27:14

So when will I learn this lesson? He graciously gives me reminders of it every  time I try to jump ahead of the Lord, and every time I try to do things in my own strength.  Lord, give me the strength to follow after You.  Help me to walk in the light of Your Word so that I may not stumble.

Well, I must go...we just discovered the pump house is flooded in 6 inches of water!
photo from dan/freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment