Monday, January 24, 2011

A Thousand Generations

I often post on Facebook, verses that the Lord puts on my heart. Sometimes I think of a phrase or word from a particular verse, so I go to my favorite online Bible search. That is what I did today. While looking up something for a friend, I came across the phrase: a thousand generations. Wow. How powerful is that? Our generation has lost "His commandments." The ten commandments are seldom preached anymore; however that does not negate our responsibility, as Christians, to proclaim God's law in order to reveal sin. Here is what I have to say..."Preach it! Preach it to our generations!"





Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; Deut. 7:9

Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations; 1 Chron. 16:15

He hath remembered his covenant for ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. Psa. 105:8

No comments:

Post a Comment